For 2023 all small group tours will be available as private custom-made trips.
For more information do not hesitate to get in touch with us: email@example.com
Tour departs with minimum 4 participants*
Enjoy a full day in the Langhe Hills, UNESCO HERITAGE site. You will admire a breathtaking scenery, take part in a truffle hunt lead by a trifualu, eat a delicious typical lunch and taste great Barolo wine.
Age: Min 12
*In the rare event the minimum number is not reached, and only if the tour is cancelled by LocalWonders Travel, you can opt for one of the following options:
– chose a new departure at no additional cost
– have the tour turned into a private tailor-made tour (itinerary or price modifications might occur)
– the amount paid can be fully refund.
LocalWonders Travel can decide to run the tour even if the minimum number is not reached. In this case the traveller cannot ask for a refund or to turn the tour into a tailor-made tour.
What makes this tour a unique experience?
- You’ll participate in a real truffle hunt lead by a “trifulau” (a professional truffle hunter) who will take us into the magical woods in search of this Langhe gem
- We’ll visit a superb winery, learn (and taste!) why Barolo is considered one of the best wines in the world
- On this tour we’ll be moving between locations by private vehicle
All of our LocalWonders Travel tours include a passionate expert local leader who will become your “local friend”, opening up for you the most authentic side of Italy. Our local leaders are professional and knowledgeable and take pride in providing hassle-free experiences for our guests.
Is this the tour I want?
Though the main activities on this adventure involve food and wine, our exciting truffle hunt includes a 1-2 hour walk in the woods. Travelers with limited mobility should also note that, as is common throughout Italy, there may be some stairs to climb.
Our expert local professionals aim to provide an informal, friendly style while upholding our professional and high-quality standards. If an authentic but top-quality experience is what you’re after, you’re in safe hands with us.
Book your truffle & wine experience!
What is included:
- The assistance of a professional tour leader for the entire day
- All transfers on a comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- Truffle Hunt
- Visit 1 winery with tasting of several wines including Barolo
- Typical lunch in an exquisite local restaurant
- Small group of maximum 8 participants
- Pick-up at your hotel in Turin (we can arrange a pick-up out of Turin at an additional cost)
- An extra-small group (of 8 guests max.)
The truffles that we find on the truffle hunt are not included in the tour cost, but they can be purchased from the professional truffle hunter for very fair local prices.
The following items are not included in the tour cost:
- Single Supplement” (but you can add this!)
- Anything that is not specified to be included
Book your truffle & wine experience!
Our Piedmont Wine Experience starts driving out of Turin for reaching an area where the hills and the vineyards form a breathtaking landscape where colors blend with shapes in beautiful harmony. After some moment for enjoying the view, we will reach the meeting point with the truffle hunter and together with him and his faithful dog we will start walking in the bush hunting for the truffle.
We’ll then have a break and we will enjoy a typical Piedmont lunch.
In the afternoon, we will visit one of the most renowned estate of the area and we will taste great and top-quality wines including Barolo, one of the most renowned Italian red wines. We will then go back to your hotel in Turin.